Sunday, January 27, 2013

Cake Pops


For my son's 2nd birthday, I finally broke down and attempted cake pops. They didn't go as planned but I'm still posting this because I improvised and they still tasted good.






Crumble the baked cake into a big bowl and stir in some frosting. Don't use too much or the cake becomes to thick. I used about three spoon-fulls or a little less than half the icing can.





Roll the cake/frosting into cake balls and set on some wax paper.














Now I didn't do the regular chocolate coating, mainly because the melted chocolate thickened and I did't have oil and so on...





So I improvised with powdered sugar and melted butter for the adhesive and the dipped some and sprinkled and others in the chunks of white chocolate.




















I made the white chocolate chunks by melting a bag of white chocolate chips and adding a splash of cold milk. It became chunky as I stirred it.















Birthday Cake Pops (without the sticks)

1 box Devil's Food Cake mix
Chocolate frosting (I used store bought)
powdered sugar
melted butter
sprinkles
white chocolate (melted)
splash of milk



No comments:

Post a Comment