Thursday, December 20, 2012

Chocolate Chip Almond Bread



It's been a few months, but I finally did it. I actually made a new recipe, took pictures, and posted it. I tweaked a recipe I found online because I literally couldn't find a recipe for what I wanted, which never happens.





I wanted almond bread with chocolate chips in it, not chocolate almond bread. So I found a recipe for chocolate chip bread, added almond extract.






I also added an almond glaze and topped it with honey roasted slivered almonds. I did not make these almonds myself but purchased them at Trader Joe's. They were so delicious!









It saves up to three days or you can freeze it and eat it later. 







I sliced up this particular loaf and wrapped the individual slices to include in Christmas presents. The chocolate chips really went well with the almonds!



Chocolate Chip Almond Bread Recipe

4 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 T baking soda
1 tsp. salt
3 eggs
1 3/4 cup 2% milk
1 tsp. almond extract
2/3 cup canola oil
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup powdered sugar
about 1 T of milk
1/2 tsp. almond extract
1 cup honey roasted slivered almonds


Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk together the eggs, milk, oil, and almond extract. Combine the egg mixture with the flour mixture until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips. 

Pour into two 9x5 greased bread pans. 

Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 55 minutes.

Mix milk, powdered sugar, and almond extract to make the glaze. Let the bread cool and pour glaze over bread. Sprinkle with slivered almonds and enjoy!



1 comment: