Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Best Cheese Biscuits!


I love biscuits so when I found this recipe I couldn't wait to try it. Suffice it to say, this will be my go-to biscuit recipe. You can make them plain if you don't want the cheese, but I usually add cheese whenever I can! 




Ingredients (also you'll need heavy whipping cream)



Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt.





Pour in the heavy cream




Stir in cheese until dough forms, knead for less than a minute and roll out so the dough is 3/4 inch thick.




I used the top of a mug as a circle dough cutter. It's works great!




Form your biscuits. I did mine a little thinner than normal biscuits so if you want thicker biscuits just don't roll out the dough as thin.




Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes and treat yourself to the best biscuit you've every had. They are soft, a little sweet and a little chewy. YUM






This is two biscuits on top of each other to show you what they would normally look like but I made them 1/2 as thin. 

Recipe modified from the November issue of Southern living

2 c. Flour
3 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
1 1/2 c. heavy cream

Mix all the dry ingredients, except cheese. Pour in cream and cheese and stir until dough forms. Knead for less then a minute. Roll out and cut into 3/4 inch circle. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 8 biscuits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment