Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Honey Beer Bread


I'm not a big beer drinker. I actually think beer is gross. But I LOVED this bread. The outer layer of crusty sweetness surrounded the chewy honey beer flavored doughy goodness. And better yet it was super easy to make.



Mix the flour, baking, powder, salt, and sugar.




Pour in the beer, warmed honey, and 1 TBSP of the melted butter.



Stir it up




until it's like this.



Here's my favorite part. Pour 1 TBSP of the melted butter on the bottom of the pan and the other 3 TBSPs on the top of the batter so it is evenly coated.




Bake for 1 hour at 375. I actually turned my oven down to 350 half-way through and rotated it to a different rack.




While the bread is still warm, drizzle honey over the top. This gives the crust a little bit of extra sweetness to its crunch. Mmmmm....good.



Serve a big, fat, warm piece. Hope you try this recipe at home!




Just in case you're wondering, I used this type of beer. Why? Because it was in my brother's fridge, and he lives two doors down. Not sure if he noticed, but I'm sure he'll be just as happy (probably even happier) with a piece of this beer bread.

THE RECIPE

3 cups All-Purpose Flour
1 TBSP baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/4 cup sugar
1 bottle of beer
3 TBSPs honey (warmed in the microwave)
5 TBSPs melted butter
honey to drizzle over finished bread

No comments:

Post a Comment