Monday, September 19, 2011

Slow-Cooker Pumpkin Bread


I just had to sample a bit right out of the oven...




I recently discovered the wonderful world of slow-cooked quick-breads.  Needless to say, I was anxious to give it a try.  Anything made in a crock pot is especially delicious.  So with Fall upon us what better bread to make than pumpkin.  Since I've been making pumpkin bread for awhile now, unlike my yeast breads, I created my own recipe for this slow-cooker experiment.  I think it's a keeper. 


Cream the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs.




Mix the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
Combine the dry with the wet and add in the pumpkin and chocolate chips.



Stir until the ingredients are evenly distributed.




Grease crock pot and spoon batter directly inside.




Bake on high for 90 minutes.



I couldn't wait! I had to have a little sample, hence the missing spoonful.



 Creamy and Moist




This won't last for very long. 


Recipe

1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter at room temp
1 8 oz. package of cream cheese at room temp
 2 eggs
1 cup pumpkin
1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 cup chocolate chips

Cream butter, sugar, and cream cheese. Beat in eggs. Stir in pumpkin
In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and pumpkin spice
Mix dry ingredients slowly into wet ingredients.
Pour directly into greased slow-cooker.
Cook on High for 1 1/2 hours.
Do not open until after the 90 minutes. 





No comments:

Post a Comment